How it works:
Important science concepts are introduced through an immersive learning experience with Science Lessons and Investigations. Each of the 14 comprehensive units follows the 5E model: Engage, Explore, Explain, Evaluate, and Extend. Answer keys for vocabulary and comprehension activities, ideas for hands-on experiments, and other helpful resources are included in this teacher’s edition.
Core subject areas and topics include:
- Cells and Life
- Making and Processing Food
- Inheriting Traits
- The History of Life
- A Tilt for All Seasons
- Dynamic Earth
- History Through Geology
- Water’s Role on Earth
- Weather and Climate
- Thermal Energy on the Move
- Matter and Its Interactions
- Predicting Motion from Forces
- Wave Behavior
Features and benefits:
This e-book teaching resource gives you everything you need, including:
- Concept engagement activity that sparks students’ interest and engages prior knowledge by introducing each topic with questions and discussion. (Engage)
- Exploration activity that helps students explore the concept through hands-on investigation. (Explore)
- Reading selections, real-life visuals, and vocabulary review to help students develop understanding. (Explain)
- Comprehension activities incorporating higher-order thinking to help students show and apply what they have learned. (Evaluate)
- Writing prompts and hands-on activities* to help students apply and extend their understanding. (Extend)
*Hands-on science investigation that may include science experiments, STEM challenges, observations, art projects, and other creative cross-curricular activities.
Prepare your students for scientific learning in sixth grade and beyond with Evan-Moor’s Science Lessons and Investigations for Grade 6.
For additional STEM projects, see Evan-Moor’s STEM Lessons and Challenges series.