How it works:
Make your way through each of the 14 fascinating science units in Evan-Moor’s Science Lessons and Investigations using the helpful teacher’s edition materials. A variety of different activities, experiments, and projects are featured to help illuminate the scientific concepts in fun and engaging ways.
Core subject areas and topics include:
- What Do Plants Need to Grow?
- How Do Animals Help Plants?
- How Do Animals Pollinate Plants?
- How Many Things Live in One Place?
- How and When Does Earth Change?
- How Do Wind and Water Change the Shape of the Land?
- How Do Maps Show Land and Bodies of Water?
- Where Is Water on Earth?
- What Is Matter?
- What’s the Best Material to Use?
- What Can These Pieces Make?
- What Happens When You Heat or Cool Something?
- How Does Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling Help Earth?
- What Do Scientists Study?
Features and benefits:
This e-book teaching resource gives you everything you need, including:
- Teacher support pages and an answer key
- Unit concept page to guide discussion
- Vocabulary/words to know
- Reading selections with real-life visual examples
- Comprehension and vocabulary activities
- “I wonder” and/or research and write writing prompts
- Hands-on science investigation that may include science experiments, STEM challenges, observations, art projects, and other creative cross-curricular activities
Get your students excited about science with the help of this teacher’s edition of Evan-Moor Science Lessons and Investigations for second grade.
For additional STEM projects, see Evan-Moor’s STEM Lessons and Challenges series.