How it works:
Students can open Evan-Moor’s Science Lessons and Investigations to any page to discover the world around them in a completely new way. This life, earth, and physical science teaching resource utilizes the 5E model (Engage, Explore, Explain, Evaluate, and Extend) in order to ensure that students get a hands-on approach to learning. Educators will find helpful materials along the way, including answer keys for vocabulary and comprehension activities.
Core subject areas and topics include:
- Healthy Ecosystems
- Energy in the Food Chain
- Nutrients for Survival
- Recycling Energy in Food Webs
- Patterns on Earth
- The Stars
- Earth’s Spheres
- Water from All Its Sources
- Protecting Our Planet
- Tiny Particles of Matter
- Conservation of Matter
- Identifying Matter by Properties
- Making New Substances
Features and benefits:
This e-book teaching resource gives you everything you need, including:
- Concept engagement activity that sparks students’ interest and engages prior knowledge by introducing each topic with questions and discussion. (Engage)
- Exploration activity that helps students explore the concept through hands-on investigation. (Explore)
- Reading selections, real-life visuals, and vocabulary review to help students develop understanding. (Explain)
- Comprehension activities incorporating higher-order thinking to help students show and apply what they have learned. (Evaluate)
- Writing prompts and hands-on activities* to help students apply and extend their understanding. (Extend)
*Hands-on science investigation that may include science experiments, STEM challenges, observations, art projects, and other creative cross-curricular activities.
The Grade 5 teacher’s edition of Science Lessons and Investigations from Evan-Moor encourages curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking in the classroom and at home.
For additional STEM projects, see Evan-Moor’s STEM Lessons and Challenges series.