How it works:
Make a critical component of your curriculum even more engaging with Evan-Moor’s Science Lessons and Investigations for fourth grade. Educators can refer to this resource to get answer keys for vocabulary and comprehension activities, ideas for hands-on experiments, and other helpful tools. Using the 5E model (Engage, Explore, Explain, Evaluate, and Extend), Science Lessons and Investigations provides a comprehensive look at important concepts across 13 science units.
Core subject areas and topics include:
- Plant Life Structures
- Animal Life Structures
- Human Life Structures
- Erosion and Weathering
- Patterns in Earth’s Crust
- Natural Disasters
- Human Impact on Land
- Waves as Patterns of Motion
- The Nature of Energy
- Light Energy
- Sound Energy
- Heat Energy
- Electrical Energy
Features and benefits:
This e-book teaching resource gives you everything you need, including:
- Concept engagement activity that sparks students’ interest and engages prior knowledge by introducing each topic with questions and discussion. (Engage)
- Exploration activity that helps students explore the concept through hands-on investigation. (Explore)
- Reading selections, real-life visuals, and vocabulary review to help students develop understanding. (Explain)
- Comprehension activities incorporating higher-order thinking to help students show and apply what they have learned. (Evaluate)
- Writing prompts and hands-on activities* to help students apply and extend their understanding. (Extend)
*Hands-on science investigation that may include science experiments, STEM challenges, observations, art projects, and other creative cross-curricular activities.
Help fourth-grade students apply their scientific understanding in a classroom or homeschool setting with the teacher’s edition of Science Lessons and Investigations from Evan-Moor.
For additional STEM projects, see Evan-Moor’s STEM Lessons and Challenges series.