How it works:
Take your science classes to the next level with this teacher’s edition of Evan-Moor’s Science Lessons and Investigations. Using the 5E model (Engage, Explore, Explain, Evaluate, and Extend), this teaching resource is packed with 12 comprehensive science units that dive into topics like nature, animals, and weather. Science Lessons and Investigations supports teachers with features like hands-on experiment ideas and answer keys for vocabulary and comprehension activities.
Core subject areas and topics include:
- Plant and Animal Life Cycles
- Nature and Nurture
- Organisms in a Changing Environment
- Group and Social Behavior
- Fossils of Ancestors
- Natural Processes and Hazards
- Changes in Movement
- Predicting Motion from Patterns
- Magnetic Forces
Features and benefits:
This e-book teaching resource gives you everything you need, including:
- Concept engagement activity that sparks students’ interest and engages prior knowledge by introducing each topic with questions and discussion. (Engage)
- Exploration activity that helps students explore the concept through hands-on investigation. (Explore)
- Reading selections, real-life visuals, and vocabulary review to help students develop understanding. (Explain)
- Comprehension activities incorporating higher-order thinking to help students show and apply what they have learned. (Evaluate)
- Writing prompts and hands-on activities* to help students apply and extend their understanding. (Extend)
*Hands-on science investigation that may include science experiments, STEM challenges, observations, art projects, and other creative cross-curricular activities.
Create an engaged learning environment in the classroom or at home with the Grade 3 teacher’s edition of Science Lessons and Investigations from Evan-Moor.
For additional STEM projects, see Evan-Moor’s STEM Lessons and Challenges series.