Comprehensive but not complicated! Math Fundamentals helps your second grade students learn important skills and strategies. Math Models and “think” questions, plenty of skill practice, and real-world problems guide students in thinking through, analyzing, and solving problems.
To help you target instruction, each unit clearly lists the standards information, mathematical practices, and skills covered.
Within a unit, math lessons are presented simply. Every math lesson includes:
- A Math Models reference page that shows students strategies for solving problems. This is helpful for parents and students transitioning to new math.
- Skill practice pages that progress in difficulty.
- A culminating problem-solving activity that leads students through the process of solving a real-life problem.
Grade 2 units:
- Solve word problems
- Add and subtract within 20
- Make equal groups
- Understand place value
- Use math strategies
- Measure and estimate length
- Relate addition and subtraction to length
- Work with time and money
- Represent and interpret data
- Analyze shapes
Designed to support all math programs, Math Fundamentals is the perfect supplement to your math curriculum.
Better together! Use Math Fundamentals with Daily Math Practice for complementary skill practice that ensures your students master grade-level math.
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.