Comprehensive but not complicated! Math Fundamentals helps your first grade students navigate the new math. Math Models and “think” questions, plenty of skill practice, and real-world problems guide students in thinking through, analyzing, and solving problems.
To help you target instruction, each unit clearly lists the standards information, mathematical practices, and skills covered.
Within a unit, math lessons are presented simply. Every math lesson includes:
- A Math Models reference page that shows students strategies for solving problems. This is helpful for parents and students transitioning to new math.
- Skill practice pages that progress in difficulty.
- A culminating problem-solving activity that leads students through the process of solving a real-life problem.
Grade 1 units:
- Word problems
- Operations and number relationships
- Add and subtract within 20
- Equivalency and unknown numbers
- Counting and number sequences
- Place value: two-digit numbers
- Place value: addition and subtraction
- Measuring length
- Charts and graphs
Designed to support new math programs, Math Fundamentals is the perfect easy-to-use supplement to your Common Core math or current math curriculum.
Better together! Use Math Fundamentals with Daily Math Practice for complementary skill practice that ensures your students master grade-level math.
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.