Comprehensive but not complicated! Math Fundamentals helps your fifth graders learn important skills and strategies. Math Models and analysis questions, plenty of skill practice, and real-world problems guide students in thinking through and solving problems.
To help you target instruction, each unit clearly lists the standards information, mathematical practices, and skills covered.
Within a unit, math lessons are presented simply. Every math lesson includes:
- A Math Models reference page that shows students strategies for solving problems. This is helpful for parents and students transitioning to new math.
- Skill practice pages that progress in difficulty.
- A culminating problem-solving task that leads students through the process of solving a real-life problem.
Grade 5 units:
- Use numerical expressions
- Analyze patterns and relationships
- Use place value in decimals and exponents
- Use operations with whole numbers and decimals
- Add and subtract fractions
- Multiply and divide fractions
- Convert measurements within a system
- Represent and interpret data
- Calculate volume
- Use the coordinate plane
- Classify figures
Designed to support all math programs, Math Fundamentals is the perfect supplement to your math curriculum.
Better together! Use Math Fundamentals with Daily Math Practice for complementary skill practice that ensures your students master grade-level math.
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.