EMC Number: 2874i
Page Count: 160
Fourth-grade students will master standards-based language and vocabulary skills through engaging hands-on center activities. Each of the 11 centers focuses on one skill aligned in a format that is accessible and motivating for all types of learners.
These portable language centers help teachers to:
- support kinesthetic and visual learners
- provide differentiated practice of language and vocabulary skills
- offer a quality center activity
- review or reinforce skills
- informally assess a student’s understanding of concepts
The 11 centers cover the following Conventions of Standard English and Vocabulary Acquisition and Use skills:
- Using relative pronouns to form more-detailed sentences
- Forming sentences in the progressive past, present, and future tenses
- Choosing the correct preposition and prepositional phrase
- Identifying complete sentences
- Choosing the correct meaning of a homophone used in a sentence
- Using correct capitalization in sentences
- Forming compound sentences
- Identifying word roots as the base of words
- Identifying prefixes and suffixes as word parts
- Identifying words with similar meanings
- Identifying words with opposite meanings
Each easy-to-assemble center provides a hands-on activity with a written practice activity, as well as:
- correlations and targeted skills
- full-color center mats and task cards
- an overview with lesson objectives
- a student direction page that explains the center activity
- a center checklist to record each student’s progress
Use centers to enhance the daily practice in Daily Language Review.
Center activities complement the skills presented in Daily Language Review
to help teachers reinforce and review key language skills in a fun format.
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.