How it works:
The grade Pre-K Smart Start: Read and Write workbook includes an answer key for easy learning in class or at home. The activity book is organized into weekly lessons, each of which focuses on a letter of the alphabet along with an alphabet character, such as “Andy the Ant” and “Jackie the Jaguar.”
Recipient of the 2020 Parents’ Picks Award for Best Educational Products for Preschool and Elementary Kids, the Smart Start: Read and Write series provides engaging reading experiences that encourage children to become life-long readers.
Every themed unit follows a similar format and includes:
- Alphabet stories: Focus on one or more alphabet characters and include an audio read-aloud option.
- Listen for It! activities: Focus on beginning letter sounds.
- Write It! activities: Provide practice writing and identifying uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Find It! activities: Matching and drawing activity focuses on upper and lowercase letters.
- Let’s Review! activities: This simple review activity helps you evaluate your child’s understanding of each alphabet letter and beginning sound.
Core subject areas and topics include:
- Naming and writing uppercase and lowercase letters
- Connecting alphabet letters and sounds
- Visual discrimination
- Following directions
- Fine motor skills
- Print awareness
Features and benefits:
- Accelerate your child’s reading progress: 20 easy-to-follow weekly lessons build alphabet awareness and develop reading readiness skills.
- Creative and fun lessons: Keep your child entertained while learning.
- Reward stickers: Motivate your child to complete the activities.
- Audio stories: Provide an option to listen to the audio story with your child.
Get ready for kindergarten with practice of the important skills in Evan-Moor’s Pre-K Smart Start: Read and Write.
Be sure to check out the entire Smart Start series for early learners that includes Math, STEM, Sight Words, and Coding activity books!