EMC Number: 2427
Page Count: 128
Help your child become a reader and writer with Smart Start: Read and Write! Developed by teachers, the colorful activities provide the perfect combination of fun and practice to give your child the foundation needed for academic success.
The grade PreK Smart Start: Read and Write workbook helps your child learn the alphabet and progress to learning letter sounds and writing upper- and lowercase letters.
- Accelerate your child’s reading progress: 20 easy-to-follow weekly lessons build alphabet awareness and develop reading readiness skills.
- Creative and fun lessons: Keep your child entertained while learning.
- Reward stickers: Motivate your child to complete the activities.
- Audio stories: Provide an option to listen to the audio story with your child.
The activity book is organized into weekly lessons around letters of the alphabet and an alphabet character such as “Andy the Ant” and “Jackie the Jaguar.”
Every themed unit follows a similar format and includes:
- Alphabet stories: Focus on one or more alphabet characters and include an audio read-aloud option.
- Listen for It! activities: Focus on beginning letter sounds.
- Write It! activities: Provide practice writing and identifying uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Find It! activities: Matching and drawing activity focuses on upper- and lowercase letters.
- Let’s Review! activities: This simple review activity helps you evaluate your child’s understanding of each alphabet letter and beginning sound.
Get ready for kindergarten with practice of the important skills in Smart Start: Read and Write, such as:
- Naming and writing uppercase and lowercase letters
- Connecting alphabet letters and sounds
- Visual discrimination
- Following directions
- Fine motor skills
- Print awareness
Includes answer key.
Check out Smart Start: STEM activity books for fun hands-on projects that develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills.