Skill Sharpeners Reading, Grade 4 provides 16 motivating fiction and nonfiction stories. For example:
- "Dick Whittington and His Wonderful Cat"
- "The Three Sillies"
- "An Oregon Trail Diary"
- "Penguins, Pelicans, and Puffins"
- "Grandma Moses"
- "Go Fly a Kite"
Activity pages include:
- comprehension questions
- a vocabulary exercise
- a sequencing activity for every story
Other skills addressed include the following:
- main idea
- parts of speech
- synonyms & antonyms
- alphabetical order
- prefixes and suffixes
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide! Skill Sharpeners: Reading Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching reading skills and vocabulary
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions for analyzing texts
- Extension activities that include graphic organizers, reading journals, and hands-on activities to help children connect their learning