Skill Sharpeners Reading, Grade 2 provides 15 motivating stories. For example:
- "Peanut Butter"
- "The Case of the Missing Apples"
- "The Ugly Duckling"
- "A Visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium"
Activity pages include:
- comprehension questions
- a vocabulary exercise
- a sequencing activity for every story
Other skills addressed include the following:
- word families
- phonetic elements
- synonyms & antonyms
- alphabetical order
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide! Skill Sharpeners: Reading Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching reading skills and vocabulary
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions for analyzing texts
- Extension activities that include graphic organizers, reading journals, and hands-on activities to help children connect their learning