Shop by Topic
Shop by GradeShop by Topic
- Teacher Resources
- Social Studies
- Common Core
Shop by GradeShop by Topic
- Reading Foundations
- Daily Practice
- Interactive Lessons
- Interactive Games
- Homeschool Curriculum
EMC Number: 581
Page Count: 136
Develop your third-grade students’ oral language skills and improve their punctuation, verb tense, word meanings and more! With our “Daily Language Review, Grade 3” your students will journey through 36 weeks of language exercises for grade 3. Help establish the basis for their educational success with activities that will grow their aptitudes in grammar and word usage, vocabulary word meanings and relationships, spelling, spelling patterns, capitalization, punctuation and more! ...Read more >>
Evan-Moor has thoughtfully designed these programs with both teachers and students in mind. You will find everything you need and more, including a downloadable skill list and that help students identify student competencies, a downloadable home-school connection that encourages parental involvement and a progress chart and a vocabulary log that helps your students monitor their daily scores and keep track of any new vocabulary words.
You can be confident that our materials have been created using the latest developmental and educational research. Providing quality education has been our passion for over thirty years and we have laid the groundwork for educational success for thousands upon thousands of students!
With Daily Language Review, students practice language skills covering punctuation, verb tense, conjunctions, word meaning, and more in ten- to fifteen-minute daily lessons.
How it works
Daily Language Review follows the research-based model of frequent, focused practice to help students learn and retain skills.
On days 1 through 4, half-page activities provide four language exercises:
- two sentence-editing exercises
- two items that practice a variety of language and vocabulary skills
On day 5, a full-page activity provides a more extensive practice of a vocabulary strategy or skill, and gives students the opportunity to practice using the words in their own sentences.
36 weeks of daily practice activities cover:
- Grammar and usage
- Capitalization and punctuation
- Spelling and spelling patterns
- Vocabulary word meaning and relationships
- Using acquired vocabulary
Features and benefits:
- Concise daily lessons are easy to scaffold and ideal for daily warm-up, quick informal assessments, and test prep
- The skills scope and sequence details the skills practiced each week
- A downloadable skill list and answer key provides an item-by-item list of the skills practiced each day to help teachers identify student competencies
- Each title includes downloadable home–school connection activities to encourage parent involvement
- A progress chart and vocabulary log help students monitor their daily scores and keep track of new vocabulary
Better Together! Pair it with the complementary hands-on practice in Take It to Your Seat: Language Centers.
The purpose of this paper is to provide evidence from research studies that support frequent, focused practice as an effective strategy for teaching elementary school children language arts skills. This paper explores Daily Language Review in context of the research: “frequent, focused practice leads to mastery and retention of the skills practiced.”
Customers who bought this item also bought
Copyright © 2018, Evan-Moor Corporation. All rights reserved.
Version 1.5.262. Powered by nopCommerce