With Daily Language Review,
students practice language skills covering punctuation, verb tense, conjunctions, word meaning, and more in ten- to fifteen-minute daily lessons. How it works Daily Language Review
follows the research-based model of frequent, focused practice to help students learn and retain skills.
On days 1 through 4, half-page activities provide four language exercises:
- two sentence-editing exercises
- two items that practice a variety of language and vocabulary skills
On day 5, a full-page activity provides a more extensive practice of a vocabulary strategy or skill, and gives students the opportunity to practice using the words in their own sentences. 36 weeks of daily practice activities cover:
Features and benefits:
- Grammar and usage
- Capitalization, punctuation, and spelling
- Formal and informal uses of English
- Vocabulary word meaning and relationships
- Using acquired vocabulary
- Concise daily lessons are easy to scaffold and ideal for daily warm-up, quick informal assessments, and test prep
- The skills scope and sequence details the skills practiced each week
- A downloadable skill list and answer key provides an item-by-item list of the skills practiced each day to help teachers identify student competencies
- Each title includes downloadable home–school connection activities to encourage parent involvement
- A progress chart and vocabulary log help students monitor their daily scores and keep track of new vocabulary
Use Language Fundamentals
to reinforce the skills that students have not mastered.
View Common Core State Standards Correlations and TEKS Correlations (click to download).
Help your second-grade students’ language skills shine with our top-rated “Daily Language Review, Grade 2!” Give us 10 to 15 minutes a day to complete the daily language lessons and we will deliver the results you are looking for in your classroom. ...Read more >>
Provide quality foundations for your students’ language arts futures by helping them master the fundamental basics today — punctuation, verb tense, word meaning and conjunctions. You can be confident in our product, which we have correlated to state and Common Core language standards — our standards meet, or exceed, all required guidelines. Practice lessons will strengthen students’ grammar, usage, punctuation, spelling, formal and informal meaning and more!
Utilize these fun, effective lessons and demonstrate to your students that learning can be entertaining and interactive with our 36-week program. The “Daily Language Review” series is easy-to-use and easy-to-implement in your classroom. Check out the downloadable skill list to assess your students’ competencies, as well as downloadable home-school connection activities that will encourage parents’ involvement. Trackable progress charts will help your students monitor their scores and note new vocabulary words.
Use this research-based model of frequent, focused practice to help your students excel in their language skills and see why Evan-Moor has been a trusted provider of educational products since 1979!
Read less <<