With Daily Language Review from Evan-Moor, students can practice language skills covering punctuation, verb tense, conjunctions, word meaning, and more in ten- to fifteen-minute daily lessons. The teacher’s edition includes lesson plans and exercises developed by experienced educators and industry experts. The 136-page guide is easy to follow and incorporates well into daily lesson plans.
How it works
Daily Language Review Grade 6 follows the research-based model of frequent, focused practice to help students learn and retain skills. Age-specific exercises developed by experts in the education field help students master tricky concepts, building a foundation for future learning.
On days 1 through 4, half-page activities provide four language exercises:
- Two sentence-editing exercises
- Two items that practice a variety of language and vocabulary skills
On day 5, a full-page activity provides a more extensive practice of a vocabulary strategy or skill, and gives students the opportunity to practice using the words in their own sentences.
36 weeks of daily practice activities cover:
- Grammar and usage
- Capitalization, punctuation, and spelling
- Vocabulary word meaning and relationships
- Using acquired vocabulary
Daily Language Review Features and benefits:
- Concise daily lessons are easy to scaffold and ideal for daily warm-up, quick informal assessments, and test prep
- The skills scope and sequence details the skills practiced each week
- A downloadable skill list and answer key provides an item-by-item list of the skills practiced each day to help teachers identify student competencies
- Each title includes downloadable home–school connection activities to encourage parent involvement
- A progress chart and vocabulary log help students monitor their daily scores and keep track of new vocabulary
Better Together! Use Language Fundamentals to reinforce the skills that students have not mastered and then practice those skills with Daily Language Review.
View Common Core State Standards Correlations and TEKS Correlations (click to download).
Language skills are a critical component of a middle school student’s education and sixth grade is a pivotal year. With the Daily Language Review Grade 6 Teacher’s Edition from Evan-Moor.com, teachers have access to 36 weekly targeted language arts activities that correlate to the most current standards. The activities are designed to be spread throughout the year for steady growth and consistent practice.
The Evan-Moor Grade 6 Daily Language Review program is divided into four daily sixth grade language lessons that give students extensive practice in grammar usage, capitalization, punctuation, spelling, and vocabulary. These lessons typically take just 10 to 15 minutes to complete, making them an ideal sixth grade language arts warm-up. On day five, students partake in a more concentrated language arts exercise, providing students the opportunity to use the skills they’ve been reinforcing all week. The program is designed to be incorporated into your existing lesson plans, reinforcing the skills students are already learning.
Evan-Moor’s Daily Language Review Grade 6 Teacher’s Edition is simple to follow and includes extras such as a downloadable skills list, answer keys, progress charts, vocabulary log and a downloadable school/home connection that is ideal for homework or review. With the Sixth Grade Daily Language Review, students have the opportunity to build strong, confident oral and written language skills. The print Daily Language Review Grade 6 Teacher’s edition is also available in an e-book version. Try Evan-Moor’s individual student workbooks for your classroom. Evan-Moor.com makes it easy to find the ideal daily grade six language practice that suits any individual classroom setting.