Help your child thrive academically with the engaging Learning At Home Skill Sharpeners Bundle. The easy-to-use activity books provide valuable skill practice at home and include a parent guide with teaching tips and fun learning activities!
Perfect for children who need additional practice or want to advance their skills, these activity books help children practice important grade-level skills and stay on track while they are learning at home. The colorful and clever activities motivate children to engage with the lesson and become active learners!
Each at-home-learning bundle is aligned to current standards and includes:
- Four full-color Skill Sharpeners activity books that practice essential subjects such as math, reading, language and science. (144 full-color pages each)
- A downloadable parent guide packed with tips and teaching support, including organizing a daily schedule, fun hands-on activity ideas, and suggestions for helping children manage stress and share their feelings. (13 pages)
- Assessment pages to build test-taking skills and confidence.
The Learning at Home Skill Sharpeners Bundle, grade K, includes:
Skill Sharpeners: Reading, Grade K
This kindergarten activity book touches on vital reading foundation skills, including phonological awareness, phonics, and word analysis. Each letter of the alphabet serves up a fun story that is followed by research-based activities designed to build critical reading skills. Activity pages include listening for beginning sounds, matching words and pictures, cut-and-paste activities, sentence completion, and following directions.
Units are organized into one-page stories for each letter of the alphabet such as:
G—Good and Bad
N—The New One
P—In a Puddle
Skill Sharpeners: Math, Grade K
The 10 theme-based math units practice foundational skills. Each unit ends with a “Test Your Skills” activity that gives children a feeling of accomplishment. Designed to practice skills that have already been introduced and mastered, the kindergarten lessons include:
- read numbers to 20
- write numbers to 10
- count objects
- add and subtract numbers to 10
- add and subtract doubles to 20
- sizes and numbers
- identify and continue patterns
- give the value of a set of pennies
- recognize pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters
- solve simple word problems
- identify basic shapes
Skill Sharpeners: Grammar and Punctuation, Grade K
This visually engaging activity book makes learning grammar and punctuation fun! Each theme-based unit includes reading selections, activities, and word games that will motivate your child to practice and learn essential grammar and punctuation skills. Plus, a Language Handbook and Dolch Sight Word list provide you with a quick reference of the concepts covered.
The concepts and skills practiced include:
- upper- and lowercase letters
- question marks
- exclamation points
Skill Sharpeners: Science, Grade K
Songs, rhymes, and hands-on projects motivate children to learn science concepts that are based on the most current science standards. Each lesson focuses on one science concept and provides engaging activities to help children learn basic science concepts.
Kindergarten topics cover:
- Physical Science: Size and Shape, Position, Solid and Liquid, Liquid and Gas, Magnets, Wheels and Motion
- Life Science: Living or Nonliving?, Parts of the Body, Trees, Parts of a Plant, Animal Parts, Life Cycles, Animal Babies, Homes and Habitats
- Earth Science: Land and Water, Rocks, Day and Night, Four Seasons, Weather