Common Core Top Pick for Language
- Conventions of Standard English
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
View all Common Core Top Picks for Language
Skill Sharpeners Spell & Write, PreK contains 26 units, one for each letter of the alphabet. Each unit includes an alphabet story and three activity pages to help students identify and write the capital and lowercase letter presented. The unit ends with a Test Your Skills assessment page, where answers are presented in a fill-in-the-bubble test format.
Reading readiness skills practiced include:
- identifying capital and lowercase letters
- vocabulary development
- visual discrimination
Children also develop their fine motor skills by completing the fun activities.
Examples of the types of activities are:
- trace and write
- circle the same letter
Browse the other award-winning Skill Sharpeners books to help prepare your child for preschool and kindergarten.
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide! Skill Sharpeners: Spell and Write Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching language
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions with writing graphic organizers and language journals
- Extension activities that include fun language games and writing activities
- Visual aids that include printable word lists and study cards for difficult spelling patterns