Each of the 12 units in Spell & Write, Grade 4 is introduced by a story that establishes the unit theme and features some of the twelve spelling words. Students are then presented with eight activity pages that provide meaningful spelling and writing practice centering on the unit theme.
Activities may include practice with:
- grammar and punctuation rules
- vocabulary exercises
- creative writing
- and much more
Each unit ends with a Test Your Skills assessment page. Students take a spelling test, edit a sentence, and answer questions about the skills presented in the unit.
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide! Skill Sharpeners: Spell and Write Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching language
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions with writing graphic organizers and language journals
- Extension activities that include fun language games and writing activities
- Visual aids that include printable word lists and study cards for difficult spelling patterns