Skill Sharpeners Reading, Grade 3 provides 17 motivating fiction and nonfiction stories. For example:
- "Shea and the Leprechaun"
- "A Mouse Adventure"
- "The Story of Little Sparrow"
- "Inuit, People of the Far North"
- "Harriet Tubman"
Activity pages include the following:
- comprehension questions
- a vocabulary exercise
- a sequencing activity for every story
Other skills addressed include:
- main idea
- parts of speech
- synonyms & antonyms
- alphabetical order
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide! Skill Sharpeners: Reading Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching reading skills and vocabulary
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions for analyzing texts
- Extension activities that include graphic organizers, reading journals, and hands-on activities to help children connect their learning