Skill Sharpeners: Geography engages your child in exploring the world while learning important map skills and geography concepts. The cross-curricular activities integrate the most current geography standards.
Each geography topic includes nonfiction reading selections, comprehension questions, vocabulary practice, writing prompts, and authentic activities that bring the concepts to life. These activities invite your child to be creative while using higher-order thinking skills.
Includes answer key.
The kindergarten title incorporates geography concepts and themes into basic skill practice and includes hands-on activities and art projects.
Kindergarten activities include:
Activities incorporate geography concepts such as:
- Map skills
- Landforms and bodies of water
- Continents and oceans
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide! Skill Sharpeners: Geography Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching geography
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions for incorporating geography discussion questions
- Extension activities such as a geography journal, graphic organizers, and field trip suggestions