Each geography topic includes nonfiction reading selections, comprehension questions, vocabulary practice, writing prompts, and authentic activities that bring the concepts to life. These activities invite your child to be creative while using higher order-thinking skills.
The reading selections and activities take students beyond basic geographic understandings and into unique ecosystems, biomes, places and regions, histories, cultures, and social movements within our world. Students make personal connections to their learning by completing expository and creative writing activities as well as hands-on geography projects.
Engaging concepts covered include:
- Earth from space
- Early explorers
- National parks
- Ancient Greece
- Roman waterways
- Time zones
- Large water systems
- Protecting the environment
- Future of Earth’s water
Includes answer key.
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide! Skill Sharpeners: Geography Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching geography
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions for incorporating geography discussion questions
- Extension activities such as a geography journal, graphic organizers, and field trip suggestions