Take a journey through time and explore the fascinating past with hands-on projects and activities in History Pockets. Students store the projects in easy-to-make construction paper pockets that are wonderful portfolios for assessment and display. You get information pages, maps, a timeline, arts and crafts projects, reading and writing connections, and evaluation forms. The teacher pages feature step-by-step project directions and photographs of the completed projects.
Each of the pockets contains:
- a reproducible pocket label
- dictionary words and pictures
- a fact sheet of background information for the teacher
- a reproducible students information booklet complete with illustrations
- arts and crafts projects
- a timeline and maps
- reading and writing activities
Evaluation forms are provided at the end of the book to give students a chance to reflect on all they have learned.
The book includes the following pockets:
- Introduction to the American Civil War
- Slavery in America
- Leaders of the War
- Major Battles
- A Soldier's Life
- Women During the War
- War Technology
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.