Give students important life skills by teaching them about money and financial concepts and how to apply math to the world around them!
This dynamic teaching resource provides reproducible cut-out math manipulatives, reference sheets, and visual aids to support students as they explore real-world lessons and hands-on activities related to paying bills, earning money at a job, saving for retirement, making investments, buying and using insurance, and more.
Financial Literacy Lessons and Activities for Grades 6–8 is based on national and state standards and enriches any math curriculum in the classroom and home.
Financial Literacy Lessons and Activities Grades 6–8 is based on current national and state standards, and each of the 10 units includes:
- Teacher overview with a suggested teaching plan, discussion questions, and vocabulary
- Real-world story that introduces each unit’s theme in the context of real life
- Cross-curricular activities including vocabulary, reading comprehension, and social studies
- Math application that presents scenarios using money-based word problems
- Hands-on activities such as partner and whole-class games and role playing that bring the concepts to life
Valuable teaching tools include these reproducible worksheets:
- Cut-out math manipulatives such as play money
- Reference sheets and visual aids for decimals, percentages, graphs, and fractions
- Glossary of vocabulary words
144 reproducible pages. Includes answer key.
This is a reproducible resource (photocopying of lessons is permitted) for single classroom or individual home use only.