Give fourth grade students important life skills by teaching them about money and financial concepts and how to apply math to the world around them!
This dynamic teaching resource provides reproducible cut-out math manipulatives, reference sheets, and visual aids to support students as they explore real-world lessons and hands-on activities related to paying bills, earning money at a job, using banks, paying for health services, buying things at a store, and more.
Financial Literacy Lessons and Activities for Grade 4 is based on national and state standards and enriches any math curriculum in the classroom or home.
Financial Literacy Lessons and Activities Grade 4 is based on current national and state standards, and each of the 10 units includes:
- Teacher overview with a suggested teaching plan, discussion questions, and vocabulary
- Real-world story that introduces each unit’s theme in the context of real life
- Cross-curricular activities including vocabulary, reading comprehension, and social studies
- Math application that presents scenarios using money-based word problems
- Hands-on activities such as partner and whole-class games and role playing that bring the concepts to life
Valuable teaching tools include these reproducible worksheets:
- Cut-out math manipulatives such as play money
- Reference sheets and visual aids such as number charts and balance sheets
- Glossary of vocabulary words
144 reproducible pages. Includes answer key.
This is a reproducible resource (photocopying of lessons is permitted) for single classroom or individual home use only.