In Building Spelling Skills Daily Practice, Grade 2, students will learn 10 spelling words per week (300 total). Two sentences for dictation are provided for each list.
Spelling lists include the following:
- short and long vowel words
- blends and digraphs
- spellings for /er/
- variant vowel sounds such as ow, ou, oo
- adding ed and ing
Practice pages include the following:
- a spelling list with spaces to read, write, and spell each word
- a configuration puzzle for every spelling list
- word sorting
- word meaning (filling in missing spelling words in sentences)
- exercises to find the misspellings and hidden words
- various word study exercises
Reproducible forms include:
- spelling record form
- individual spelling record
- spelling test form
- spelling list form
- word sort form
- parent letter
Confident spellers make for prolific writers.
Help your second graders develop strong spelling skills with Evan-Moor’s Building Spelling Skills. This Second Grade teacher’s edition delivers 30 weeks of spelling lists that will expand student vocabulary and cultivate top notch spelling skills. The 10-word spelling lists include practice exercises, puzzles, test forms and more. There is even a reproducible letter for parents. Building Spelling Skills will easily fit right into a second grade spelling curriculum. Parents can use the spelling activity book at home too for second graders struggling with spelling.