Teachers know how difficult it is to address the varied writing needs within a primary classroom. With The Ultimate Shape Book, you can conduct a writing lesson based on a literature book and provide a writing experience that is appropriate for all your students.
- Nonwriters may use the blank shape form to draw their stories. They may then dictate a sentence or two about their story for an adult or cross-age tutor to write on the form.
- Beginning writers draw a picture and write several sentences on the shape form with three or four writing lines.
- Independent writers develop their stories on the fully lined shape form.
The 50 topics offer a variety of motivating shapes
- 25 animal topics, including penguin, bat, elephant, and stegosaurus
- 10 seasonal and holiday topics, including sailing ship, cornucopia, piñata, and heart
- 15 miscellaneous topics, including clown, house, mitten, and sun
- Give every student a copy of the front and back covers (back cover has a poem on it too!) to cut out and color. Now everyone in class has a book to share.