EMC Number: 784i
Page Count: 192
Ten-Minute Activities, Grades 1-3 is full of quick learning activities that span the curriculum.
Skills and concepts addressed include:
- Language Arts—spelling, letter sounds, grammar, alphabetical order, oral language, and categorizing
- Mathematics—sorting, number facts, patterns, place value, counting, and money
- Social Studies—map skills, geography, and community helpers
- Science—classifying, animals, senses, and attributes
- Indoor recess—motor skills, auditory memory, and dramatic play
A few the activities are:
- Language Arts—The Alliteration Game, Alphabet Chains, The Silent "E" Game
- Mathematics—Shapely Sums, Body Patterns, Addition Facts Flip
- Social Studies—All in the Family, Jump for Directions, Continent Spotlight, Away We Go!
- Science—Earth Layers Chant, Habitat Hunt, Air Power
- Indoor Recess—Shoe Salad, Motion Sickness, Mannequin, Yardstick Limbo