Perfect for your kinesthetic kindergartners! Help young learners grasp key math skills, and provide differentiated math practice through the fun, hands-on activities in these 12 centers. Each full-color center focuses on a skill from a math domain, such as numbers and counting, data, operations, measurement, and geometry.
The easy-to-assemble centers are stored in pocket folders, making them easy to use at a table, desk, or quiet area in the classroom. After a teacher or classroom aide models how to use a center, students can complete the activity independently, in pairs, or with the guidance of the teacher.
Each of the 12 centers includes:
- full-color center mats and task cards
- an overview with lesson objectives
- a student direction page that explains the center activity
- a written practice activity
- a center checklist to record each student’s progress
Take It to Your Seat: Math Centers has been updated to address the new advanced standards and provides:
- an increase in the variety and complexity of activities to practice each skill in alignment with current standards.
- leveled tasks within some centers so that tasks progress in difficulty.
- an illustrated math concept or rule for every center to support visual learners and keep the focus on the targeted math concept or skill.
The 12 centers cover the following kindergarten math skills:
Numbers and Counting
- Count and write numerals to 20
- Sequence numbers within 100
- Use one-to-one correspondence to count sets with up to 20 objects
- Compare sets of 1 to 10 objects to find one less and one more
- Compare numbers within 20 to identify greater than or less than
- Add numbers with sums to 10
- Subtract numbers with differences less than 10
- Build fluency with addition and subtraction facts to 5
- Know the parts of a clock
- Use nonstandard measurement and comparative language
- Sort shapes by attributes
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.