Help your kindergartener become a confident writer with Evan-Moor’s Skill Sharpeners: Spell and Write. ...Read more >>
Common Core Top Pick for Language
- Conventions of Standard English
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
View all Common Core Top Picks for Language
Each unit in Spell & Write, Kindergarten is built around a short-vowel word family. A story introduces three word-family spelling words. The spelling words are practiced on a variety of ways in eight spelling and writing activity pages.
The short vowel families in Spell & Write, Kindergarten are –at, -op, -in, -un, -en, -an, -ot, -ig, -et, -ed, -ug, and –it.
Each unit ends with a Test Your Skills assessment page. Students take a spelling test and answer questions about the spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills presented in the unit.
Browse the other award-winning Skill Sharpeners books to help prepare your child for preschool and kindergarten.
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide! Skill Sharpeners: Spell and Write Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching language
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions with writing graphic organizers and language journals
- Extension activities that include fun language games and writing activities
- Visual aids that include printable word lists and study cards for difficult spelling patterns