Class pack discount! This price reflects 10% off the retail price.
Build your child’s understanding of physical, life, and earth science with this full-color activity book! Engaging activities and hands-on projects will motivate your fourth grader to learn science concepts that are based on the most current science standards.
The simple experiments, using materials that can easily be found at home, help your child understand and retain science concepts in a memorable way.
Each lesson includes reading selections and activities that focus on one science concept, covering the following fourth grade topics:
Our Bodies and Senses
- Muscles and Bones
Shaping the Earth
- Weathering and Erosion
- What Is a Wave?
- Waves in the Water
- Sound Waves
- Digital Waves
- What Is Energy?
- Heat Energy
- Electrical Energy
- Light Energy
Ideal for practice at home and classroom enrichment, Skill Sharpeners: Science:
- provides practice of reading comprehension, vocabulary, and writing skills
- offers striking photography and scientific illustrations to help children connect science to the real world
- is based on Next Generation Science Standards and state science standards
- includes an answer key
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide! Skill Sharpeners: Science Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching life, earth, and physical science
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions for studying the scientific method and graphic organizers for learning vocabulary
- Extension activities that include science journals, additional background information, and hands-on activities to connect children’s learning.