Build your third grader’s understanding of physical, life, and earth science with this full-color activity book! Engaging reading selections, activities, and hands-on projects will motivate your child to learn science concepts that are based on the most current science standards.
The simple experiments and hands-on activities, using materials that can easily be found at home, help your child understand and retain science concepts in a memorable way.
Each lesson includes reading selections and activities that focus on one science concept, covering the following third grade topics:
- Forces and Motion
- Life Cycles
- Growth and Change
- Animal Groups
Ideal for practice at home and classroom enrichment, Skill Sharpeners: Science:
- provides practice of reading comprehension, vocabulary, and writing skills
- offers striking photography and scientific illustrations to help children connect science to the real world
- is based on Next Generation Science Standards and state science standards
- includes an answer key
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide! Skill Sharpeners: Science Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching life, earth, and physical science
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions for studying the scientific method and graphic organizers for learning vocabulary
- Extension activities that include science journals, additional background information, and hands-on activities to connect children’s learning.