Class pack discount! This price reflects 10% off the retail price.
Provide engaging math practice and see children’s math and problem-solving skills improve with Skill Sharpeners: Math activity books! The colorful theme-based activities create enjoyable learning experiences for children and improve their math fluency, number sense, and reasoning skills.
Completely updated to reflect grade-level standards, the new Skill Sharpeners: Math books are ideal for enrichment, for review, and to help students master “must-know” skills such as:
- place value
- logical thinking
- algebra and more
Each title includes:
- Rigorous math skill practice that reflects current standards
- New themed units that present math practice in a colorful, fun format
- A downloadable teaching guide that provides teaching tips and support for struggling children
- A “Test Your Skills” page at the end of each unit that lets students review the skills practiced in that unit
- All-new artwork that engages children with age-appropriate illustrations
Skill Sharpeners: Math, grade 6 provides practice for the following skills:
- use positive and negative numbers
- calculate and use rates and ratios
- solve equations with exponents and variables
- add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions and mixed numbers
- add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals
- calculate with percentages
- graph points on a coordinate grid
- calculate volume
- calculate surface area
- represent three-dimensional figures with nets
- read, create, and interpret bar, circle, and line graphs, and histograms
- find measures of center
Each title includes an answer key.
These activity books help children understand and master important math skills needed to form a strong math foundation and are ideal for at-home practice, homeschooling, and the classroom!
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide! Skill Sharpeners: Math Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching math
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions for helping children learn in different modalities
- Extension activities that include math journals and problem solving
- Visual aids to help children understand difficult math strategies