Shop by Topic
Shop by GradeShop by Topic
- Teacher Resources
- Social Studies
- Common Core
Shop by GradeShop by Topic
- Reading Foundations
- Daily Practice
- Interactive Lessons
- Interactive Games
- Homeschool Curriculum
EMC Number: 775
Page Count: 176
Daily writing prompts that help students build strong writing skills!
Everything your students need to develop critical-thinking skills, vocabulary, writing fluency, creativity, and a love for writing itself is inside one book! The revised Giant Write Every Day: Daily Writing Prompts is filled with an abundance of engaging activities that are as inspirational as they are instructive.
You'll love Giant Write Every Day because it:
- supports 6-Trait writing. Activities are designed to build skills in each trait -- ideas, organization, word choice, sentence fluency, voice, and conventions. And a trait-based writing guide at the beginning of the book makes it easy to see exactly which skills are being developed.
- helps you differentiate instruction. With such a wide variety of topics and skills covered, it's easy to match activities to your students' individual learning levels and interests.
- inspires reluctant writers. Motivating topics and delightful illustrations make writing fun! Writing prompts are grade-appropriate and are often based on seasonal events that relate to students' lives.
- strengthens writing fluency. Quickwrites, writing prompts, and sentence starters provide students with freewriting opportunities.
- can be used for independent practice. Writing forms provide guided writing experiences students can complete on their own.
- is correlated to state standards.
12 monthly sections contain multiple types of activities:
- 300 Quickwrites that develop writing fluency. Fun topics, such as On the School Bus, It Makes Me Laugh, or Ten Reasons to Stay Up Late, inspire students to write and also provide writing selections for writing workshop sessions.
- Story Starters and Titles to help students produce longer, more complete stories. Instead of wasting time staring at a blank page, students' creativity is supported by motivating ideas that help focus their writing.
- 141 Writing Forms that provide practice using different forms of writing. With so many kinds of writing to choose from, it's easy to support students' different writing levels and abilities.
Additional resources include a trait-based writing guide, instructions for creating a writing folder, a list of writing experiences, and a reproducible "Writing Is..." poem.
Give your students the practice they need to become strong writers! Use Giant Write Every Day with your class today!
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Copyright © 2018, Evan-Moor Corporation. All rights reserved.
Version 1.5.262. Powered by nopCommerce