This comprehensive teaching resource helps sixth grade students master the conventions of standard English and boosts their vocabulary acquisition. Easy-to-scaffold lessons are clearly organized by language skills and standards to help teachers target instruction.
Language Fundamentals has 207 pages of skill-based activities, including 18 review pages with multiple choice, constructed response, and open-ended questions to assess students’ understanding and application of the focus skill.
Format: The teacher’s edition e-book contains the same content as the print version, but provides you additional digital tools to customize and mark up the pages. Student pages can be projected or printed.
Sixth grade skill practice covers:
This new edition features:
- Rules and examples for each language skill followed by targeted application activities and unit reviews
- Vocabulary and word study strategies and practice for challenging skills such as shades of meaning and real-life connections between words and their use
- Common Core Language Standards cited on activity pages for easy reference
- Review activities that ask students to apply skills in context and demonstrate higher-level thinking
- An easy-to-read answer key
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.