Provide engaging math practice and see children’s math and problem-solving skills improve with Skill Sharpeners: Math activity books! The colorful theme-based activities create enjoyable learning experiences for children and improve their math fluency, number sense, and reasoning skills.
Completely updated to reflect grade-level standards, the new Skill Sharpeners: Math books are ideal for enrichment, for review, and to help students master “must-know” skills such as:
- place value
- logical thinking
- algebra and more
Each grade level incorporates the perfect amount of math skill practice and includes word problems that challenge children to apply their understanding. Engaging theme-based units capture children’s interest with colorful visuals to help them solve problems.
Each title includes:
- Rigorous math skill practice that reflects current standards
- New themed units that present math practice in a fun, colorful format
- A downloadable teaching guide that provides teaching tips and support for struggling children
- A “Test Your Skills” page at the end of each unit that lets students review the skills practiced in that unit
- All-new artwork that engages children with age-appropriate illustrations
Skill Sharpeners: Math, grade 5 provides practice for the following skills:
- add, subtract, multiply, and divide multi-digit numbers
- multiply by powers of 10
- generate number patterns
- analyze, generate, and use number patterns
- determine perimeter, area, and volume
- graph points on a coordinate grid
- identify equivalent fractions
- add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions, mixed numbers, and decimals
- use order of operations
- analyze three-dimensional figures
Each title includes an answer key.
These activity books help children understand and master important math skills needed to form a strong math foundation and are ideal for at-home practice, homeschooling, and the classroom!
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide! Skill Sharpeners: Math Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching math
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions for helping children learn in different modalities
- Extension activities that include math journals and problem solving
- Visual aids to help children understand difficult math strategies