Improve children’s writing and teach them valuable life skills at home using creative real-life writing activities. The colorful illustrations provide fun and simple writing exercises to show children how diverse and innovative writing in today’s world can be.
Real-World Writing for Today’s Kids includes nine creative writing units that help children practice real-world writing. Plus, each unit includes engaging art and hands-on activities that demonstrate how writing is used to solve problems, express ideas, inspire, and help people.
Each writing topic includes:
- A guided introduction that demonstrates how to write about each theme.
- Writing examples and practice activities that explain how to write about each theme.
- Inspirational messages and career ideas to motivate children and help them understand how writing is used in the real world.
Real-world writing activities include:
- Bumper sticker messaging and art
- Persuasive fundraising letter
- Movie review
- How to write an email
- Pet-care directions
Children are encouraged to step outside the confines of traditional writing with creative hands-on projects that demonstrate how writing can be used in diverse and inspirational ways.
The engaging real-life writing activities in Real-World Writing for Today’s Kids give your child practical writing experience and inspire even reluctant writers to put pen to paper. The workbook is ideal for enrichment at home and to supplement a homeschooling curriculum.
Real-world writing topics for ages 10–11 include:
- E-mail message
- Family tree
- Blog post
- Place directions
- Fundraising letter
- Video game
- Restaurant review
Answers will vary.