Even during the carefree months of summer, children can be preparing for the next grade with Daily Summer Activities. It’s packed with engaging activities that will build learners’ confidence for the next grade level by practicing essential skills. Activities offer practice of essential skills across subject areas, including reading, math, writing, spelling, and geography.
With just one or two activities per day over a 10-week period, Daily Summer Activities helps to keep skills sharp without getting in the way of vacation time.
Updated in 2018 to reflect grade-level expectations, the revised edition also includes delightful artwork and reward stickers.
10 weeks of instruction cover the following skills:
Language arts practice:
- a fiction and a nonfiction story with comprehension questions each week
- sentences to correct for capitalization punctuation, and grammar
- 8 to 10 spelling words to learn each week
- manuscript handwriting practice
- creative writing activities
- addition and subtraction facts
- word problems
- two- and three-digit addition and subtraction with and without borrowing and carrying
- multiplication facts to 25
- practice cards for addition and subtraction facts from 10 to 18
Language skills such as:
- alphabetical order
- nouns and verbs
- synonyms and antonyms
- vowel sounds
- parts of sentences
- map symbols
- reading simple maps
Don’t let the summer slide affect your soon-to-be second grader. ...Read more >>
Make time this summer for Daily Summer Activities Between First and Second Grade from Evan-Moor. This first/second grade activity book delivers 10 weeks of fun, focused daily lessons in essential math, reading, language and geography skills. It is ideal for summer bridge work, keeping newly mastered skills sharp in preparation for the upcoming move to second grade. Be sure to pack it in the beach bag or the vacation suitcase. These targeted lessons will still leave plenty of time for fun in the sun.
Read less <<