**Please note that this student edition is not intended to be a stand-alone product. You will need the corresponding teacher’s edition for important teaching support, instruction, and answer keys. The student edition offers an alternative to photocopying the reproducible student pages found in the teacher’s edition.**
Daily Paragraph Editing, grade 8 student practice books eliminate the need for photocopying and provide students with practice activities for every day of the school year. Student practice books contain the same pages as the reproducibles in the teacher’s edition. Plus, student books serve as a portfolio of students’ work throughout the year.
Daily Paragraph Editing grade 8 provides 36 weeks of frequent, focused language practice to help your eighth graders learn the conventions of standard English grammar and usage. The concise daily activities are ideal “warm-up” exercises to begin your language arts block and are adaptable for small-group and whole-class instruction.
How it works: students apply grade-level language skills to correct a paragraph on Monday through Thursday; when read together, the four paragraphs form a cohesive composition. A writing prompt on Friday relates to the week’s four-paragraph composition and gives students the chance to apply the targeted language conventions.
The weekly compositions cover a broad range of expository and narrative writing forms, including:
- nonfiction texts on grade-level social studies and science topics
- biographies, book reviews, instructions, interviews, journal entries, and letters
- fables, fantasy and science fiction, historical fiction, personal narratives,
and realistic fiction
Daily Paragraph Editing grade 8 covers grade-level skills such as:
- quotations, salutations, and closings
- incorrect use of capitals
- names of people, places, and organizations
- titles of books, magazines, movies, and songs
- Language Usage
- singular and plural forms
- verb tenses
- correct use of pronouns and adjectival and adverbial forms
- quotation marks
- colons, semicolons, and more!
- identifying errors in spelling and in multiple-meaning words