Daily Paragraph Editing, grade 7 reproducible teacher’s edition contains everything you need to lead targeted language lessons, including 176 reproducible student activity pages and corresponding teacher support.
The teacher’s edition includes the following “extras”:
- scope and sequence chart
- annotated answer key
- assessment rubric
- reproducible language handbook
- page of reproducible proofreading marks
- editing checklist for students
Daily Paragraph Editing grade 7 provides 36 weeks of frequent, focused language practice to help your seventh graders learn the conventions of standard English grammar and usage. The concise daily activities are ideal “warm-up” exercises to begin your language arts block and are adaptable for small-group and whole-class instruction.
How it works: students apply grade-level language skills to correct a paragraph on Monday through Thursday; when read together, the four paragraphs form a cohesive composition. A writing prompt on Friday relates to the week’s four-paragraph composition and gives students the chance to apply the targeted language conventions.
The weekly compositions cover a broad range of expository and narrative writing forms, including:
- nonfiction texts on grade-level social studies and science topics
- biographies, book reviews, instructions, interviews, journal entries, and letters
- fables, fantasy and science fiction, historical fiction, personal narratives, and realistic fiction
Daily Paragraph Editing grade 7 covers grade-level skills such as:
- quotations, salutations, and closings
- incorrect use of capitals
- names of people, places, and organizations
- titles of books, magazines, movies, and songs
- Language Usage
- singular and plural forms
- verb tenses
- correct use of pronouns and adjectival and adverbial forms
- quotation marks
- colons, semicolons, and more!
- identifying errors in spelling and in multiple-meaning words
Writing and editing is a paramount educational skill that serves a student well throughout life. ...Read more >>