Daily Paragraph Editing, Grade 5 covers grade-level skills in these areas:
- language usage
- punctuation: apostrophes
- punctuation: commas
- punctuation: periods
- punctuation: quotation marks
- other types of punctuation
Daily Paragraph Editing “extras” include:
- a reproducible student language handbook that provides simple, clear rules and examples of their application to guide students in correct use of the mechanics, grammar, and spelling skills covered in the daily paragraphs.
- a page of reproducible proofreading marks that models the standard markings used to correct and edit text.
- an editing checklist to guide students in reviewing and revising their own writing or that of a peer.
- an assessment rubric to guide teachers in conducting a holistic evaluation of student writing.