Provide your students with the inspiration they need to develop the vocabulary, ideas, and enthusiasm that will make their writing shine!
The new edition of Creative Writing Ideas comes with a wide variety of creative activities that can be used for prewriting and drafting or as stand-alone activities. 78 motivating activities—including draw and write, riddles, story starters, cartoons, shape books, and more—provide students with the creative spark they need to start writing with confidence and success. And with a new layout and design, as well as updated teacher instructions, it's easier than ever to provide your students with writing practice that encourages creative expression and ingenuity!
You'll love Creative Writing Ideas because it:
- contains 78 motivating writing activities. From shape books and cartoons to letter writing and poetry exercises -- there are a variety of activities to engage your students in important writing practice.
- inspires reluctant writers. Motivating topics and delightful illustrations make writing fun! Many writing prompts are based on events that relate to students' lives.
- can be used for independent practice. Writing forms provide guided writing experiences students can complete on their own.
- is correlated to state standards.
Eleven types of writing experiences engage your students as they practice important skills.
- shape books
- draw and write
- sequence and write
- fill in the missing words
- story starters
- descriptive paragraphs
- writing directions
- letter writing
Give your students the creative practice they need to become strong and successful writers! Use Creative Writing Ideas with your class today!