Develop geography literacy while learning about the unique characteristics of North America!
The 7 Continents: North America helps students learn about North America through engaging reading and writing activities.
Five geography units cover the following standards-based topics:
Section 1: North America in the World
Introduces students to the location of North America in the world.
- North America's Relative Location
- North America's Hemisphere
- North America's Absolute Location
- Using a Projection Map
Section 2: Political Divisions of North America
Introduces students to the five regions and 23 countries of North America.
- Population of North America
- Countries of North America
- Largest Countries by Area
- Largest Countries by Population
- Canada and Greenland
- The United States and Its Territories
- Central America
- The Caribbean
- Capital Cities of North America
Section 3: Physical Features of North America
Students learn about the landforms and bodies of water of North America.
- North America's Landscape Rocky Mountains Grand Canyon
- Deserts of North America
- Frozen North
- Central American Rainforests
- Islands of the Caribbean
- North America's Bodies of Water
- Great Lakes
- North American Rivers
- Panama Canal
Section 4: Valuable Resources of North America
Students learn about the various natural resources of North America.
- Fossil Fuels
- Renewable Energy
- Corn and Livestock
- Coffee and Bananas
- North America's Forests
- Wildlife of North America
Section 5: North American Culture
Introduces students to the architecture, art, beliefs, and traditions of North American people.
- Tourist Attractions
- Arts and Entertainment
- Religions of North America
- Native Cultures
- North American Cuisine
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.