Ten-Minute Activities, Grades 4-6 is chock-full of quick learning activities your students will have fun doing.
Skills and concepts addressed include:
- Language Arts—spelling, parts of speech, dictionary skills, vocabulary, and summarizing
- Mathematics—multiplication and division facts, patterns, problem solving, fractions, and estimation
- Social Studies—map skills, geography, and civics
- Science—classifying, habitats, observing and describing, and cause & effect
- Indoor recess—motor skills, visual & auditory memory, and dramatic play
Here are a few activity titles to give you a glimpse at the variety you'll find:
- Language Arts—ABCs of Said, Awesome Alliterations, Letter Ghosts
- Mathematics—Palindrome Play, Factor It In, In a Heartbeat
- Social Studies—The Mighty Mississippi, A Brief Moment of Fame, Location Station
- Science—Bird Brains, Holey Hands, Out of This World
- Indoor Recess—Know Your Neighbor, Rainy Day Walk, Eagle Eyes
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.