Help your third graders master key math skills, and provide differentiated math practice through fun, hands-on activities in these 12 centers. Each full-color center focuses on a skill from a math domain, such as numbers and counting, operations, measurement and data, and geometry.
The easy-to-assemble centers are stored in pocket folders, making them easy to use at a table, desk, or quiet area in the classroom. After a teacher or classroom aide models how to use a center, students can complete the activity independently, in pairs, or with the teacher, who may use the task to informally assess a student’s understanding.
Each of the 12 centers includes:
Take It to Your Seat: Math Centers
- full-color center mats and task cards
- an overview with lesson objectives
- a student direction page that explains the center activity
- a response form or written practice activity
- a center checklist to record each student’s progress
has been updated to address the new advanced standards and provides:
- an increase in the variety and complexity of activities to practice each skill in alignment with current standards.
- leveled tasks within some centers so that tasks progress in difficulty.
- an illustrated math concept or rule for every center to support visual learners and keep the focus on the targeted math concept or skill.
The 12 centers cover the following third grade math skills: Numbers and Counting
- Describe and extend number patterns
- Know place values in four-digit numbers
- Round numbers to the nearest 10 or 100
- Understand a fraction as a part of a whole
- Recognize fractions and equivalent fractions
Measurement and Data
- Build fluency with multiplication and division facts within 100
- Apply the inverse relationship between multiplication and division for facts within 100
- Identify the correct operation to create an equation
- Tell time to the nearest minute
- Use graphs to show and interpret data
- Know how to find the perimeter and area of a shape
- Define and recognize quadrilaterals
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.