Accelerate children’s reading, math, science, and geography skills with engaging practice activities that target learning skills across the curriculum! The 320 pull-out pages provide positive learning experiences that engage every type of learner.
Whether you're using the Evan-Moor Smart Start, Grade 1 activity book as an option for at-home activities or to help your child get ready for the next grade level, your first grader will have a lot of fun while learning important skills. Our SMART activities will build on what's being taught in the first grade classroom in subject areas like science, math, art, reading, and thinking, and includes bonus geography activities!
- Science activities build your child's understanding of science concepts while they explore the world around them.
- Math activities practice basic math skills and help your child learn key concepts.
- Art activities promote creativity and provide opportunities for hands-on activities such as cutting, gluing, and coloring.
- Reading activities provide foundational reading skills and help your child learn to read.
- Geography activities help your child acquire basic geography skills and learn about our world.
- Critical thinking activities encourage your child to "think about thinking" through creative, analytical, and evaluative tasks.
The Smart Start Giant Activity Book for Grade 1 includes practice of:
- Reading comprehension
- Map skills
- Life science and physical science
Includes reward stickers, reward certificates, and an answer key.