EMC Number: 4546
Page Count: 144
Skill Sharpeners: Math activity books help students understand and maintain important math skills in their grade level. The fun activities provided in each unit create enjoyable learning experiences for children.
Each title includes:
- Colorful and engaging practice pages.
- Themed units that provide practice of important grade-level math concepts.
- A “test your skills” option at the end of each unit that gives a clear picture of whether or not the skills have been mastered.
Perfect as an at-home activity book, homeschool curriculum resource, or after-school enrichment, Skill Sharpeners: Math helps students master important skills in measurements, data, numbers, and computation needed to form a strong math foundation.
Skill Sharpeners Math, Grade 2 provides practice for the following mathematics skills:
- read, write, and compare numbers to 1,000
- addition and subtraction facts to 18
- two-digit addition and subtraction with and without regrouping
- three-digit addition and subtraction without regrouping
- multiplication facts to 25
- identify and continue patterns
- value of pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, dollar bills
- solve word problems
- tell time to the hour and half-hour
- identify fractions—1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 3/4, 2/3, 1/6, 1/8
- read and create graphs
- measure to the nearest half inch
- geometry—basic shapes, symmetry, perimeter