Each of the 122 experiments in Science Experiments for Young Learners is presented in a 2-page lesson format.
1. The teacher resource page with:
- materials list
- step-by-step easy-to-follow directions for doing the experiment
- a "Making Connections" section that suggests ways to help students apply new science understandings to their everyday lives
2. Reproducible student record sheet or activity sheet.
The experiments are presented in groupings by science category:
- Physical Science—properties and objects of materials, position and motion of objects, light, heat, electricity, and magnetism
- Life Science—characteristics of organisms, life cycles of organisms, organisms and their environments
- Earth and Space Science—properties of earth materials, objects in the sky, changes in the earth and sky
- Science and Technology—abilities of technological design