Following and giving directions are important life skills. Following Directions helps you teach these skills with complete step-by-step directions and all the patterns you need. There are also fun, instructive illustrations throughout.
The ideas, directions, patterns, and reproducibles in this resource focus on helping young learners:
- listen to and follow oral directions
- follow picture directions
- read simple written directions
- give oral directions to others
- cutting and pasting
- using blocks
Some highlights of each section of this book:
- Following Oral Directions: five songs & chants that give directions, reproducible cards giving one- and two-action commands, patterns for "Listen and Build a Scarecrow," reproducible animal and toy cards for picture bingo, eight reproducible practice pages.
- Following Picture Directions: reproducible picture cards (cut, paste, color, fold, etc.) for giving project directions, nine cards with designs to reproduce with blocks, 20 "monkey see, monkey do" cards showing a pose for students to duplicate, picture direction cards for five simple cooking projects, six reproducible practice pages.
- Following Written Directions: 37 reproducible pages use picture and simple word directions for activities such as color shapes; finish the picture; trace and complete; color, cut, and paste; and draw it.
- Giving Directions: teaching ideas, word card with direction order words (first, next, etc.).