The busy PreK teacher will love these colorful and efficient assessment tasks. Each assessment task is correlated to a specific grade-level standard.
Reading Assessment Tasks—Quick Check Activities makes it easy to assess student skill levels and to see where additional practice is needed. Important beginning reading skills are divided into four sections that reflect common organization of standards.
Concepts of Print/Print Awareness:
- Book Awareness
- Identifies Symbols, Letters, Words
- Understands That Printed Materials Provide Informations
- Follows Words from Left to Right and Top to Bottom on the Printed Page
- Identifies Words that Rhyme
- Identifies Word that Doesn't Rhyme
- Supplies the Missing Rhyme
- Identifies Letter Sounds at the Beginning of Words
- Identifies Letter Sounds at the End of Words
- Counts Syllables in a Word
- Names Alphabet in Sequence
- Matches All Uppercase and Lowercase Letters
Sound Symbol Awareness
- Identifies Letter and Sound
- Matches Beginning Sound and Letter
Vocabulary and Concept Development
- Demonstrates Basic Knowledge
- Categorizes Objects
- Understands Positional Words
- Understands Story Structure
- Sequences a Story
Additional Resources include:
- Whole Class and Individual Student Checklists that make assessment results easy to organize and access.
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.