The busy second-grade teacher will love these colorful and efficient assessment tasks. Each performance-based assessment task is correlated to a specific grade-level standard.
Reading Assessment Tasks—Quick Check Activities makes it easy to assess student skill levels and to see where additional practice is needed. Important beginning reading skills are divided into four sections that reflect common organization of standards.
- Sound Substitution
- Initial/Final Sound Deletion
- Initial/Final Blend Deletion
- Discriminates and Identifies Digraphs sh, wh, th, ch
- Discriminates Long Vowel Spelling Patterns
- Uses Dipthong Spelling Patterns: oi, oy, ow, ou
- Segments Multi-Syllabic Words
- Forms and Reads Regular Plurals
- Reads Irregular Plurals
- Identifies Abbreviations
- Distinguishes Between Consonant Blends: br, dr ,tr, cr, fr, gr
- Distinguishes Between Consonant Blends: sl, sk ,sm, st, sp, sw
- Distinguishes Between Consonant Blends: bl, cl, fl, gl, pl, sl
- Identifies and Reads Word Families
- Reads and Understands Antonyms
- Reads and Understands Synonyms
- Matches Words with Prefixes
- Matches Words with Suffixes
- Uses Multiple-Meaning Words
- Understands Cause and Effect
- Follows Written Multiple-Step Directions
- Understands Sequence of Events
Additional Resources include:
- Whole Class and Individual Student Checklists that make assessment results easy to organize and access.
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.